Statement Of Purpose (SOP) For Undergraduates Part 1 - MPA

Random

My Precious Articles - A Personal Collection

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Statement Of Purpose (SOP) For Undergraduates Part 1

Hello Guys, Today I wanted to share with you guys the application essay or the Statement Of Purpose (whatever it is called) that I wrote when I was applying for my university for my undergraduates degree. During my time I too had some difficulties but I did some researches on internet and finally came up with an essay. So here is the SOP.


SOP/Application Essay For UndergraduatesNOTE: This SOP was written for Electrical Engineering so if any of you guys are applying for a different faculty you will have to change the details accordingly.
Also I don't emphasize you to copy it as it will do no good in reflecting your character. Try writing your own essay and let this be just an example.

After the completion of high school every student faces a huge task to choose what comes next. While most of the students remain puzzled and some even lose a lot of time deciding about it, this confusion never bothered me. I don't why or how but ever since the start, electrical stuffs have been interesting to me. In such a short time, these stuffs have suddenly taken over the world. When I look around, I observe numerous innovations and discoveries taking place. Thus, it kind of feels like every device I observe pushes me towards understanding how it works and eventually generates curiosity inside me. In no time that sort of interest on electrical devices came to be my hobby and now I crave to be an Electrical Engineer.

Talking about the degree, I want to study Electrical Engineering because it’s a very practical field. Here we create something, solve problems and fix things. An engineering degree is universal i.e. the mixture of physics, mathematics and electricity is same everywhere. So I always possess the option to shift from one place to another place. Also a background as an electrical engineer will help me in my future career on a variety of fields. As I undergo the course, my skills, creativity and knowledge would sharpen. But above all it’s very pleasant to know that, every step I would make as an electrical engineer, it would be to fix, create or discover something better which ultimately helps to serve humanity towards a better world. I do not just see Electrical engineering as a degree I would study and get a job; rather I see it as the pillars of future technology.

I successfully completed my School Leaving Certificate (SLC) with ___% and Higher Secondary Examination Board with ____%. Since the last year at high school I dreamt of studying in USA. While my friends enrolled themselves on various degrees within the country, I took my time to prepare for SAT and TOEFL tests. I gave those standardized tests and scored ____ on SAT and ___ on TOEFL iBT. My strong desire to study in USA comes from the fact that it consists of many renowned universities and higher education programs. While those renowned programs are my major reason, the next is the diverse community of students. Students from all around the globe dream to study here because obtaining a degree from one of the world’s best education systems would distinguish them from peers with similar backgrounds. Travelling abroad for higher studies is itself a big challenge and it’s not as easy as it sounds. But my time in USA with those challenges would contribute to enhance my ability to take challenges and overcome them and this will eventually help me to nurture and grow. So I choose to adapt to this new situation and pursue my career.

Particularly I chose ________________________ because I understand that the university would provide me with the quality education according to my degree. Besides it provides very appreciable student teacher ratio. Also I would love to be in a diverse society consisting of students from various nations as I can always get to know more as a person and share my things with them. I may not be the most intelligent student but I believe I am that curious student who craves to learn and I have those requirements to reach the threshold of your university for my desired course. From the beginning I have always displayed interest on technical things, be it a torch that runs from a single cell or a complex machine such as a computer. A degree in Electrical Engineering would open a wide range of opportunities throughout the globe. I can even collaborate with my peers from another background such as Mechanical Engineering and do projects and research. With the increasing demand of electrical engineers, having international experiences who can adapt to new situation, degree in electrical engineering in ____ will assure me my success.

I do not know what future holds for me but if I get a chance to be a part of this amazing society, I am confident that I can nurture myself to my best and will not disappoint you either.

Stay tuned for a part 2 of SOP for undergraduates !

No comments:

Post a Comment