Statement Of Purpose (SOP) For Undergraduates Part 3 - MPA

Random

My Precious Articles - A Personal Collection

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Statement Of Purpose (SOP) For Undergraduates Part 3

As I said in my previous SOP, here is the third version of SOP for undergraduates and this is for Computer Science.

NOTE: This SOP was written for Computer Science so if any of you guys are applying for a different faculty you will have to change the details accordingly. Also as always, I don't emphasize you to copy it.

Considering the fact that engineering plays a vital role in our lives than ever before, I find myself pretty lucky to be in this era of 21st century. Looking around, I observe numerous devices that are innovated and designed by engineers. This fills me with great passion and eagerness to be a part of this prolific system of creativity and ingenuity. My interest in engineering grew when I got my first computer. I was very fascinated about computer programming language and different electronic gadgets. Soon thereafter, computer became as my hobby.
SOP- Computer Science

Talking about my high school studies, I successfully completed my School Leaving Certificate (SLC) with _____% and Higher Secondary Examination Board (HSEB) with ____%. I always had a dream to study in USA since my school days. So, soon after the completion my 10+2 (HSEB) level education I started TOEFL iBT and SAT preparation classes. Simultaneously, I gave my TOEFL and SAT test and scored ___ and _____ respectively. As a matter of fact, I used to be very excited when our school offered computer as a subject. I ranked ‘A’ grade in my Boards for computer. Besides learning about computers in school, I also started attending computer courses outside the school which really helped me to learn more and explore the world of computer. Thus, computer engineering was not a difficult choice for me to take it as my career.
As I mentioned earlier, my course of study is Bachelor of Computer Engineering. I prefer this course because it is the subject of my interest from my childhood. Since my score in computer subject has always been excellent in both school and higher secondary level, it shows how much interest I have in this field. Undoubtedly, my ambition is to become a professional computer engineer. After all, this course will give me an opportunity to pursue my skills, experience and knowledge in software and hardware industries in Nepal. I feel that undergraduate studies at your university will be the most logical extension of my academic pursuits and a major step toward achieving my objectives.

I choose USA because of its reputation for renowned higher education programs. Due to small class sizes, highly accredited professors, advanced technology and research capabilities, world’s top universities are located in the US. Obtaining a degree from one of the world’s best higher education systems will distinguish me from peers with similar backgrounds and career experiences. The goal of US education is pragmatic, so that I will gain confidence and the ability to organize and present an argument. Many employers understand that people who have taken the initiative to live and study outside of their home country are motivated, flexible and independent than those who have never lived abroad. In addition to excellent English Language skills, my time in the USA will demonstrate that I am able to take on new challenges and adapt to new situations with ease.

Particularly, I choose ___________________ University. The major reason is that it provides excellent quality of education. Besides, it provides a great opportunity to learn about other cultures too. Features that attract me are the convenient bus facility and a very nice library. In the same way, _____ is one of the most affordable universities around for international students since it provides excellent amount of scholarships for deserving students. I have an exact data that 94% of computer engineering graduates from this university are employed and among them 1000+ are international students. Hence, I really feel _____ suitable for me to study my interested field.

A degree in computer engineering will give me a skill set that can be applied to any career. For instance, employers always need someone who knows computers. It will give me a competitive edge and deeper understanding about many of the devices used in everyday life. Besides, it would provide me excellent opportunities to work for interesting cutting edge companies. Increased globalization has created a higher demand for talented employees, who speak multiple languages, have international experiences and are able to quickly adapt to new professional environments. Degree in computer engineering in ____ will make me able for it.


“Everybody deserves a chance”, if I can get a chance to be a part of this intellectually stimulating environment, I am sure my talents will be put to optimal use.

2 comments: