Statement Of Purpose (SOP) For Undergraduates Part 2 - MPA

Random

My Precious Articles - A Personal Collection

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Statement Of Purpose (SOP) For Undergraduates Part 2

As I said in my previous SOP post, here is the second version of SOP for undergraduates and this is for Mechanical Engineering.

NOTE: This SOP was written for Mechanical Engineering so if any of you guys are applying for a different faculty you will have to change the details accordingly. Also I don't emphasize you to copy it.
So let's begin!

As a child, I was always intrigued by the working of complex mechanisms and equipment. I used to spend a lot of time trying to explore and figure out their principle. In school I found myself drawn towards subjects that required in-depth analysis and logical thinking. I was awed by their simple fundamentals which form the governing basis for a lot of machinery. In order to understand these concepts I took part in science fairs and practical workshops. This exposure taught me the importance of simple and practical design. To understand the principles and practical aspects of designing a product I decided to pursue my career in engineering.
SOP on Mechanical Engineering

Ever since my school days, I’ve been interested in the theoretical frameworks in mathematics and Sciences, which drive the physical world. I have received _____% in my School Leaving Certificate and ____% in my Higher Secondary Education Board. Engineering, at this point of time, seems as a natural extrapolation of my abilities and interests. As a matter of fact, I worked in a workshop hosted by Philips for about four months where I was hired as a part time mechanic. The amazing task of moving the world is the monopoly of machines, so I made Mechanical engineering my choice.

I choose USA because of its reputation for renowned higher education programs. Due to small class sizes, highly accredited professors, advanced technology and research capabilities, world’s top universities are located in the US. Obtaining a degree from one of the world’s best higher education systems will distinguish me from peers with similar backgrounds and career experiences. The goal of US education is pragmatic, so that I will gain confidence and the ability to organize and present an argument. Many employers understand that people who have taken the initiative to live and study outside of their home country are motivated, flexible and independent than those who have never lived abroad. In addition to excellent English Language skills, my time in the USA will demonstrate that I am able to take on new challenges and adapt to new situations with ease.

After going through your website I found that by taking undergraduate studies at your University, I would be able to venture out into various subject domains and also develop a strong sense of independence coupled with responsibility and self-reliance. It would also help me learn global standards in this field and become aware of the worldwide competition, which I consider would be a great help for me to make a strong contribution in the field of Mechanical Engineering. Besides it provides very appreciable student teacher ratio. Your university with its unique undergraduate program in Mechanical Engineering and with its commitment to foster intellectual excellence is remarkable and attractive to embark upon an academic career.

My interest in mechanics started out as a mere curiosity and casual pursuit, but has steadily evolved into a central part of who I am today. I’ve learned leadership, communication, and business skills that literally define who I am today. I’ve learned that innovation and new ideas are crucial in creating anything successful and worthwhile in today’s rapidly evolving technological landscape. Increased globalization has created a higher demand for talented employees, who speak multiple languages, have international experiences and are able to quickly adapt to new professional environments. Degree at your university will make me able for it.

My dream is to push the envelope of mechanical technology past its existing boundaries and limitations. I’m not afraid to break tradition; to do things better than they’ve been done before. I like the idea of creating something that has value to those who use it. There is still a lot to be learned about machines and electricity, and I plan to be on the forefront of new developments. ____________________________ with its team of highly motivated and industrious undergraduate students would hence be the ideal start to my career. I can assure you that given a chance I shall strive to live up to the expectations.

Stay tuned for part 3 (last one) of the SOP and it's gonna be of Computer Science.

No comments:

Post a Comment